ISO/PAS 15339 System Certification Application
Manufacturers may submit for Idealliance ISO/PAS 15339 System Certification by printing a series of test forms according to the given criteria. The forms are sent to Rochester Institute of Technology’s Printing Applications Laboratory for evaluation where they are measured and compared against predetermined tolerances. Systems that pass all required conditions are awarded certification, the supplier system details are published and the supplier is able to display the certification logo on their product collateral. Potential customers are able to recognize the certification logo and have confidence when considering purchase of a certified system.
Idealliance ISO/PAS 15339 System Certification specifies seven (7) CRPCs for six commonly used conventional printing conditions and one large color gamut printing condition of the wide format inkjet printer.
Idealliance ISO/PAS 15339 Certified Systems Reference Print Conditions
|CRPC||Name||Typical Use||Industry Name|
|1||Universal ColdsetNews||Small gamut printing (newsprint)||Coldset News|
|2||Universal HeatsetNews||Moderate gamut print on improved newsprint type paper||Heatset News|
|3||Universal PremUncoated||Utility printing on super-calendared paper||GRACoL2013 Uncoated|
|4||Universal SuperCal||General printing on super-calendared paper||SuperCal|
|5||Universal PubCoated||Typical publication printing||SWOP2013 Coated#3|
|6||Universal PremCoated||Large gamut (typically commercial) printing||GRACoL2013 Coated#1|
|7||Universal Extra Large||Extra large gamut printing processes||Extended Gamut|
Idealliance ISO/PAS 15339 Certification (Standard) is granted to the digital press submitted for this program that has demonstrated conformance of printing to six (6) CRPCs, CRPC 1- CRPC 6.
Idealliance ISO/PAS 15339 Elite Certification is granted to the digital press submitted for this program that has demonstrated conformance of printing to all seven (7) CRPCs, CRPC 1- CRPC 7.
Idealliance ISO/PAS 15339 Certification offers the following designations, dependent on conformance to the characterized reference print conditions.
Please see the Program Overview for appropriate tolerances per designation level.
|Level||ISO/PAS 15339 Conformed Digital Press||ISO/PAS 15339 Conformed Elite Digital Press|
- System certification is valid for the life of the system, and all newly built presses of the same specific model (applied press and DFE) within the OEM designed annual print volume of the press given the OEM maintenance procedures are followed and the parts life are within specifications.
- Full payment is required to process application, and the fee is due irrespective of the certification outcome.
- Fees cover certification submission with accompanying evaluation and publication services.
- Successful certifications are posted to the Idealliance Certification website and sent official certificate and certification publication material along with Idealliance intellectual property right for usage. The certification process certifies that a system has been shown to be capable of meeting specific print standards, however this does not guarantee that in a given customer location the same system will always produce work to the certified tolerances.
|Each Standard / Elite Submission
(CRPC1-CRPC6) / (CRPC1-CRPC7)
|$4,500 / $6,500|
For each CRPC dataset if re-evaluation is requested.
|Idealliance Digital Press System Certification and ISO/PAS 15339 Submission||$6,000 / $9,000|
|ISO/PAS 15339 Submission
For previously certified Idealliance Digital Press Systems.
|$3,000 / $4,000|
- Silent Submissions are subject to same pricing model as a full submission.
Steps to Apply
- Download and review Program Description and Evaluation Procedures: Idealliance ISO/PAS 15339 Certification
- Download the TC1617 / IT8 7.5 Target Press Forms
- Submit the below application form.
- Submit printed test-forms to RIT:
Rochester Institute of Technology
Printing Applications Laboratory
Building #78, Rm 1425
66 Lomb Memorial Drive
Rochester, NY 14623-5603
Attn: Digital Press Certification Program
Phone: (585) 475–6878
One device per submission.