G7 Expert/Professional Training - Xerox
Date: April 8-10, 2014
Training Type: Digital
This G7 Training will include a blend of lab instruction and lecture where you will learn how to apply the G7 method to achieve the highest quality color output on both offset and digital presses. The G7 Training is a theory based program and can be applied to any print process.
A G7 Expert is an expert in the field of color management, process and quality control for proofing and printing equipment. A G7 Expert is able to analyze color and print related issues and take corrective action to bring systems and processes in control to a set method, standard or specification with repeatable predictable results. Certification is valid for 2 years. G7 Experts must remain employed with an IDEAlliance Member Company to maintain their G7 Expert status.
A G7 Professional is generally an in-house quality/technical professional. Certification is valid for 2 years. A G7 Professional must be employed by an IDEAlliance Network Company or an IDEAlliance Member Company to maintain their G7 Professional status.
G7 Certified Systems will be demonstrated during the training course, a list of these systems can be found HERE. IDEAlliance does not endorse any one system. A method of calibrating G7 by hand (The Fan Graph Method) is reviewed during the training course and all materials related to this calibration are available free of charge and are part of the course handouts.
More information on G7 Certification can be found at: http://www.idealliance.org/certifications/g7-expert-certification/g7-expert-certification.
INSTRUCTOR & INVENTOR
With more than 40 years of experience in photography, design, prepress, printing and color science, Don Hutcheson has pioneered many techniques we now take for granted, like RGB workflows, soft proofing, extended-gamut printing and digital proofing.
In 1995 he started the world’s first color management consultancy, HutchColor, LLC, to bring the concept of ICC color management to professional graphic users. Today he continues to train the world’s top printers, publishers, agencies, photographers and designers through private consulting and public conferences.
In 2006 as chair of the IDEAlliance GRACoL committee Don used his own Proof-to-Press calibration method (now known as “G7®”)to produce the current GRACoL and SWOP data sets. Since then G7 has made standardized printing and proofing easier and more accessible to thousands of printers and print buyers world-wide.
Xerox - Gil Hatch Center for Customer Innovation
Hotel & Directions
Holiday Inn Express
860 Holt Rd
Webster, NY 14580
A shuttle is available from the airport to hotel as well as to and from the training facility. When you book your room make sure to request the shuttle service.
Special room rate availalbe through Friday, March 7, call 585 872-0900 and ask for the "G7 Training" group rate, $79.
Rochester, NY (ROC)
Address & Directions
Gil Hatch Center for Customer Innovation
800 Phillips Road, Building 209
Webster, NY 14580
Reception Desk: 585-422-6303
From the West and South:
• From the airport: Take 390 South, to 590 North, to 104 East, Exit Phillips Road
• From The Lodge at Woodcliff: Take Rt. 96, to 490 West, to 590 North, to 104 East, Exit Phillips Road.
• Downtown: Take 490 East to 590 Norhth, to 104 East, Exit Phillips Road.
• NYS Thruway (90): Take Rt 90 east to exit 46. Take 390 North, to 590 North, to 104 East, Exit Phillips Road
From the East:
• NYS Thruway (90): Take Rt. 90 west to exit 45. Take 490 West, to 590 North, to 104 East, Exit Phillips Road.
• Rt.104 - Take Rt. 104 West to Salt Rd. Take a right off the exit.Turn left, Mitcheldean. The Gil Hatch Center for Customer is (#209).
G7 Expert Certification (good for two years)
- 3-Day Training: $2,000
- G7 Expert Certification: $500
- IDEAlliance Membership Dues: annual Corporate rate $1,400 and up or annual Consultant rate $550 for independent certified Experts.
- Recertification Review & Exam: $300/every two years
G7 Professional Certification (good for two years)
- 3-Day Training: $2,000
- G7 Professional Certification: $0 (n/a)
- IDEAlliance Membership Dues: Network rate $900/two years ($450/annual) or annual Corporate rate $1,400 and up.
- Recertification Review & Exam: $150/every two years
Training Only (no certification)
- 3-Day Training: Corporate or Network Members $2,000
- 3-Day Training: Non-Members $3,000
Fees above do NOT include travel and expenses.
More Infromation on G7 Certification can be found at: http://www.idealliance.org/certifications/g7-expert-certification/g7-expert-certification.