G7 Expert/Professional Training - AG Print Services
Date: May 12-14, 2015
Host: AG Print Services
Training Type: Offset
- Download Event Agenda
Download Event Flyer (to come)
Host Site Contact: Michael Cooper, firstname.lastname@example.org, 417-862-1447 x2021
A G7 Expert is an expert in the field of color management, process and quality control for proofing and printing equipment. A G7 Expert is able to analyze color and print related issues and take corrective action to bring systems and processes in control to a set method, standard or specification with repeatable predictable results. Certification is valid for 2 years. G7 Experts must remain employed with an IDEAlliance Member Company to maintain their G7 Expert status.
A G7 Professional is generally an in-house quality/technical professional. Certification is valid for 2 years. A G7 Professional must be employed by an IDEAlliance Network Company or an IDEAlliance Member Company to maintain their G7 Professional status.
G7 Certified Systems will be demonstrated during the training course, a list of these systems can be found HERE. IDEAlliance does not endorse any one system. A method of calibrating G7 by hand (The Fan Graph Method) is reviewed during the training course and all materials related to this calibration are available free of charge and are part of the course handouts.
More information on G7 Certification can be found at: http://www.idealliance.org/certifications/g7-expert-certification/g7-expert-certification.
INSTRUCTOR & INVENTOR
With more than 40 years of experience in photography, design, prepress, printing and color science, Don Hutcheson has pioneered many techniques we now take for granted, like RGB workflows, soft proofing, extended-gamut printing and digital proofing.
In 1995 he started the world’s first color management consultancy, HutchColor, LLC, to bring the concept of ICC color management to professional graphic users. Today he continues to train the world’s top printers, publishers, agencies, photographers and designers through private consulting and public conferences.
In 2006 as chair of the IDEAlliance GRACoL committee Don used his own Proof-to-Press calibration method (now known as “G7®”)to produce the current GRACoL and SWOP data sets. Since then G7 has made standardized printing and proofing easier and more accessible to thousands of printers and print buyers world-wide.
Hotel & Directions
AG Print Services
1445 North Boonville Avenue
Springfield, MO 65802
Springfield-Branson National Airport (SGF) - apx 7 mi from training location
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
1117 E. St. Louis Street
Springfield, MO 65806
Phone Reservations Only: 417-862-0070
Discount Code/Event Name: G7 Training - IDEAlliance, good through October 5
Group block & rate: King/Two Double Beds $99.00s or King Suite $129.00 + tax/night (24 hour cancelation policy required)
University Plaza Hotel
333 John Q Hammons Pkwy
Springfield, MO 65806
From Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Drive 2.2 miles, 5 minutes
- Leave - 1117 E St Louis St, Springfield, MO 65806
- Head east on E St Louis St toward S Florence Ave - 443 ft
- Turn left onto N National Ave - 1.1 mi
- Turn left onto E Division St - 0.9 mi
- Turn left onto N Boonville Ave - 440 ft
- Arrive - 1445 N Boonville Ave, Springfield, MO 65802
About GRACoL Plus
ABOUT GRACoL® Plus
To-date, GRACoL2006 has proven highly effective for general commercial printing, enabling consistent, accurate reproduction of a wide range of colors. However GRACoL’s color gamut is noticeably smaller than other printing methods like ink-jet, gravure and flexo, which puts GRACoL printers at a disadvantage when high color saturation is required.
To increase the appeal of offset to a wider audience, IDEAlliance is developing a program called “GRACoL Plus”. GRACoL Plus is a methodology by which the printed gamut of a 4-color offset press can be expanded while maintaining G7 compliance.
The intent of GRACoL Plus is to develop a simple, economical approach to expanded gamut CMYK offset printing that compliments conventional GRACoL. The IDEAlliance GRACoL Plus program provides standardized characterization data, ICC profiles, training, and promotional outreach to help printers and print buyers take advantage of the expanded gamut of GRACoL Plus.
This special G7 Expert / Professional Training Event will:
- Target GRACoL Plus instead of GRACoL solid ink values
- Identify practical solid CIELAB (or density) target values that maximize the gamut extension benefits without unwanted side-effects
- Compare the gamut achieved with standard GRACoL data
- Demonstrate the gamut improvement of FM screening compared to AM
- Prepare a new ICC profile made from GRACoL Plus characterization data
- Show how GRACoL Plus can simulate a larger number of special inks and corporate brand colors
This G7 Training will include a blend of lab instruction and lecture where you will learn how to apply the G7 method to achieve the highest quality color output on both offset and digital presses. The G7 Training is a theory based program and can be applied to any print process.
Cost & Membership
G7 Expert Certification (good for two years)
- 3-Day Training: $2,000
- G7 Expert Certification: $500
- IDEAlliance Membership Dues: annual Corporate rate $1,400 and up or annual Consultant rate $550 for independent certified Experts.
- Recertification Review & Exam: $300/every two years
G7 Professional Certification (good for two years)
- 3-Day Training: $2,000
- G7 Professional Certification: $0 (n/a)
- IDEAlliance Membership Dues: Network rate $900/two years ($450/annual) or annual Corporate rate $1,400 and up.
- Recertification Review & Exam: $150/every two years
Training Only (no certification)
- 3-Day Training: Corporate or Network Members $2,000
- 3-Day Training: Non-Members $3,000
Fees above do NOT include travel and expenses.
More Infromation on G7 Certification can be found at: http://www.idealliance.org/certifications/g7-expert-certification/g7-expert-certification.