Adobe Illustrator CS 5.5 - Making Life Easier for Designers
Illustrator CS5.5 has so many NEW compelling features that will speed production, reduce frustration, and fire up your imagination. In this latest IDEAlliance webinar, learn the newest features of this powerful artwork creation software PLUS understand some of the most overlooked features. Our expert trainer Claudia McCue will demonstrate the following new features:
- Perspective Grid drawing: Draw in realistic perspective, using one-, two-, and three-point perspective grids.
- Improved Arrowheads: Choose arrowheads and tailfeather more easily, and scale to the desired size.
- The Shape Tool: Unite and subtract shapes to create complex objects.
- Variable-Width Strokes: Change sections of a stroke to wider or thinner cross-sections, and save as a stroke profile.
- Bristle Brushes: Create watercolor effects with blended, soft-edge strokes.
- New Drawing Modes: Use the new Draw Behind and Draw Inside modes to control the relationships of objects.
- Improved Path Joining: No more frustrating error messages saying "Please select two endpoints..."
In addition, there are a number of features that are often overlooked that will make your designing life so much easier including:
- Isolation Mode: Easily select part of a group without ungrouping (you've probably discovered this by accident, and wonder what it does).
- Symbols: Create multiple instances of artwork quickly without copy/paste. Edit the original, and all the instances are updated automatically.
- The Appearance Panel: One-stop-shopping for all the attributes of an object. Separations Preview: Preview and check printing inks.
- Pathfinder: Why the Divide operation is your new best friend.
Adobe Certified Instructor: Print Specialist
Practicalia, LLC (http://www.practicalia.net )
Realistic Training for Real-World Applications
Claudia McCue is a trainer, consultant, and writer in the graphic arts realm. She is the author of Real World Print Production with Adobe Creative Suite Applications and Fearless Flash: Use Adobe InDesign CS5 and the Tools You Already Know to Create Engaging Web Documents. She has also contributed to Real World QuarkXPress 7 and Professional Design Techniques with Adobe Creative Suite 3 by Scott Citron.